Lau's Taste in Beer
Well, for a start, Real Ale, of whatever variety.
The brews locally available are:
- Charington's I.P.A.
- Not particularly strong, either in alcohol or in taste; just a
simple, comfortable session beer.
- Wadworth's 6X
- Somewhat stronger, again in both senses.
- A St. Austell brew. Perfectly good as a session beer, with some
- HSD (Hick's Special Draught)
- The more lethal St. Austell brew. Hardened drinkers who have
never come across this ale tend to think they can drink gallons of
it... as its ABV is not awfully high. Until they are used to it,
about three pints is makes them wobble and the fourth sees them
off. A.K.A. Hick's Sudden Death.
- Doom Bar
- This is one of a range of beers brewed quite locally (4 miles
away) at the Rock brewery. It is an extremely tasty beer. Probably
my favourite beer at present. It's available in quite a few pubs in
the area, but I think the only remote place you will be able to
regularly get hold of it is in the House of Commons bar!
There are a wide selection of other real ales you can find not
too distant, but you have to get there. The above is all I get at
the pubs I normally walk to.